Do I need to attach a resume to the application?
Resumes are accepted in addition to employment applications, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes are helpful additions and candidates are encouraged to attach one to the application when possible.
- What other documents should I submit besides the application?
In addition to the employment application, cover letters, resumes, applicable transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc. are accepted, but not required. Positions requiring college units in Early Childhood Education/Child Development will require transcripts be submitted for consideration.
- Can I submit my application after the close date?
Applications submitted after the close date are generally not reviewed. Occasionally the close date is extended, so late applications will still be accepted in the event the close date is extended.
- What happens after I submit my employment application?
After the close date has passed, applications are screened by the hiring manager or screening committee. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted shortly thereafter. All applicants will be responded to by phone or by email regarding the status of the position.
- What if the position I’m interested in is not currently available?
Applications are only accepted for current open positions. Please continue checking the website until a position of interest opens.
- Where can I obtain an employment application?
Applications are available through the online application system.
- I currently work for Community Action Partnership, do I still need to apply for a job opening?
Yes. If you have not already completed an application through the on-line application system, you will need to create a profile and application to apply for a job opening. If you have already created an application through the system, you only need to log-in, update necessary information and submit your saved application for the job opening before the indicated deadline.
- The position is listed as bilingual required, but I’m not bilingual, can I still apply?
Only candidates who are bilingual (and/or biliterate if indicated) will be considered for positions listed as bilingual required. Selected candidates must take and pass a bilingual exam to move forward in the hiring process.
- I interviewed for a position but have not heard anything, what should I do?
You may call the HR Department or regional office to check on the status of your application. Decisions regarding who is selected can sometimes take a couple of weeks. All candidates will be responded to by phone or email whether or not they are selected for a position.
- How can I determine if I qualify for a position?
The job description for the position of interest contains a section titles ‘Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements’. If you feel you meet the requirements listed, you may apply for the position.