Blog and Events
Are you a survivor of domestic violence? We've created an online survey, in both English and Spanish, for domestic violence survivors to give feedback about their experiences accessing healthcare. You can enter to win one of two $100 Target gift cards if you participate before January 31st. Please share and re-post with friends and colleagues!
This survey is part of a collaborative project between Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Women's Shelter Program of San Luis Obispo County, RISE and Community Health Centers of the Central Coast, to improve service delivery for survivors of domestic violence.
The 28th annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights (AED) will be celebrated on Sunday, June 7th. This spectacular event will be held from 11:30 to 3:30 on the tranquil and picturesque grounds of the historic Chapman House by the Sea, nestled on the bluffs of the Pacific Ocean in Shell Beach. Proceeds benefit the Health & Prevention Division of Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, which provides medical, educational & advocacy services for over 10,000 under-served families, women, men and youth throughout our county.
Guests at the event are invited to stroll through the serene gardens, take in the panoramic ocean views, and sit poolside while tasting food and beverages from SLO County's most renowned and award winning restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries, and confectioners. Guests will also enjoy a variety of live music and can participate in a silent auction with items featuring local art, hand-crafted jewelry, premium and reserve wines, get-away weekends, gift baskets, and much more.
Fifty four of the most renowned food and beverage purveyors will be participating in the event.
Event Sponsors: Joan Gellert Sargen, Bolton & Company Insurance Brokers
Underwriter: Jay & Carol Devore
Supporters: Michael Cannon, San Luis Ambulance
Breakaway Tours & Event Planning
Glassware sponsor: Edward Jones/David Gaddis
Event Florist: Shell Beach Floral Design
Event MC: Jeanette Trompeter
Event Photographer: Cheryl Strahl
This year there will be two shuttle stops with three shuttles running to bring you to the event!
Shell Beach Elementary School (2100 Shell Beach Rd) and Pismo Beach City Hall on Mattie Rd.
Parking in the neighborhood surrounding event is limited to Shell Beach residents only. If you don't live in Shell Beach you must take the shuttle from either Shell Beach Elementary School or Pismo Beach City Hall.
Shuttles will start at 11:00 am and run until 4:00 pm. Thanks for taking the shuttle, as this will help to not impact the Shell Beach community.
We recommend that your print or obtain a ticket in advance, so that you will not have to wait at will-call.
If you have questions please call the Afternoon of Epicurean Delights office at (805) 544-2498.
Your support is sincerely appreciated.
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County is Hiring
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County currently has numerous job openings throughout the county. Please visit our website and apply online at www.capslo.org/employment. A completed CAPSLO application must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on the recruitment closing date. For questions regarding the application process or open positions, contact (805) 544-4355.
"Cardboard Stories" is a film by Rethink Homelessness, a non-profit located in Central Florida that wants to change the way the world sees the homeless. Each of the homeless clients CAPSLO homeless services works with has a unique and often surprising story, too. Recently Heather, a CAPSLO Shelter Worker, reflected on the many clients who are employed yet still need shelter as they get back on their feet:
You can make a difference for SLO County's homeless men, women, and children by making a donation to our summer fund drive for the Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter, volunteering, or donating items off of our needs list:
Donated items to Homeless Services can be delivered to the Prado Day Center (preferably between 2-4pm).
For more information about ways to get involved, please contact Bryn Smith at 805.544.4355 ext 175.
- Fundraising, Food, and Fun for Adult Day Center and Homeless Services
- No-Cost Breast Health Screening and Mammogram Clinic Saturday, May 17
- 27th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Tickets are on Sale Now!
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Community Action Partnership of SLO Co. Volunteer Opportunity
- Save the Date! TheSLODown.org Teen Night at Farmer's Market
- CAPSLO's Health & Prevention Youth Programs Presents the 12th Annual Teen Monologues
- Summer Fund Drive for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Aims to Raise $15,000
- 27th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights
- 27th Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Thanks You!
- Lost Opportunities: National Head Start Association Features work of Local Photographer and CAPSLO Head Start Families
- Culinary Carnival Benefitting the Prado Day Center will be Thursday, February 27, 2014
- CAPSLO Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Receives Honor from National Head Start Association
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force Presents: 2014 Teen Sexual Health Update
- It's Time for the Annual Trivia Brain Challenge Fundraiser!"
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: Adult Wellness and Prevention Screening
- June is Men’s Health Month
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: The Health Navigator Program
- 26th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delight is right around the corner!
- Cal Poly Greek Weeks Raises $1,600 for Homeless Services