Blog and Events
UPDATED: SLO Warming Center to be open during rainy weather.
Please call 211 for updated information.Â
The Warming Center at the Prado Day Center will open when a 50% chance of rain or greater is predicted.Â
Client check-in begins at 4:45 pm at 43 Prado Road.
The Warming Center may be activated on future dates, depending on weather conditions. Call 211 or SLO Hotline at 805.783.0607 for current information on Warming Stations throughout San Luis Obispo County.
The Warming Center currently needs donations of the following:
For those individuals needing immediate support, SLO Hotline is a confidential mental health support, crisis and suicide prevention telephone line which also provides mental health resource information.
Sunday, June 4th from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM
At the Magnificent Chapman Estate in Shell Beach
Each year, on the first Sunday in June, the tranquil grounds of the Historic Chapman Estate are transformed into an elegant garden party. Guests are invited to stroll through the lovely gardens, marvel at the panoramic ocean views and lounge poolside, while tasting a wide array of delicious foods and beverages. Guests also enjoy a variety of live music provided by local musicians, as well as an opportunity to bid on exciting silent auction items.
This extraordinary event supports the Community Action Partnership Health & Prevention Division, which provides invaluable medical, educational and advocacy services for families, women, men and youth throughout San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties.
All musicians donate their talents while food and beverage vendors generously donate their skill and tasting samples for this popular annual event. Some of our vendors include: Windows on the Water, Claiborne & Churchill Vineyards, J Lohr Vineyards, Marisol at the Cliffs Resort, Wolff Vineyards, Novo Restaurant & Lounge, Chamisal Winery, Cracked Crab and Wild Horse.
Our silent auction is made up of fabulous get-a-ways, artwork, jewelry, services, wine etc. donated by generous local and statewide businesses.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking the link below or by contacting the Health & Prevention Division at (805) 544-2498.
What is Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County or CAPSLO?
CAPSLO is “helping people and changing lives.” CAPSLO is a Head Start, helping the homeless, and improving the health of thousands of teens and adults. CAPSLO is helping eligible households save energy and money while staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. CAPSLO is making sure our veterans have a safe place to call home. CAPSLO is assisting low-income seniors to age in place with increased accessibility at home and affordable, quality adult day care. CAPSLO is helping families access quality child care, early educational opportunities, and resources that help people become the best parents they can be!
While there is no way to tell the entire story in 5 minutes or less, this glimpse into “A Day in the Life” captures a variety of ways in which CAPSLO programs help people 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Thank you Barnett Cox & Associates for producing this video!
This month is SLOcals' month at Woodstock's Pizza San Luis Obispo. Woodstocks' is showing their support and appreciation for local businesses and organizations by hosting a series of one night fundraisers! CAPSLO Youth Programs was chosen as the beneficiary on Wednesday, September 28. This is a chance to raise money for CAPSLO's Health and Prevention Youth Programs Division to show your appreciation and support for the impact they make for the community and for the health and wellness of local youth!
The fundraiser will be taking place from 5pm-8:00pm on Wednesday, September 28th. Print out the embedded flier and then present it with your order to dine in or pickup. Up to 25% of sales made from that time will be donated to CAPSLO Youth Programs.
- Homeless Services Holiday Needs 2016
- Warming Center Open
- Helping People, Changing Lives: Empowering Teens at Santa Maria High School
- 40 Prado - An Introduction
- 50 Years of Community Action: a Blast from the Past with SLO Grown
- Prado Warming Center Open April 8 and 9
- Good News! Liberty Tattoo Removal Program receives donation from Church for Life of Santa Maria
- Tax Season is Almost Here—Maximize your tax refund and get help preparing your tax return for FREE!
- The Center for Health & Prevention now offers free education and enrollment assistance
- LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
- Fundraising, Food, and Fun for Adult Day Center and Homeless Services
- No-Cost Breast Health Screening and Mammogram Clinic Saturday, May 17
- Join us for the 6th Fancy Hat Tea Party March 29
- Survey for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Join Our Team!
- Community Action Partnership of SLO Co. Volunteer Opportunity
- CAPSLO's Health & Prevention Youth Programs Presents the 12th Annual Teen Monologues
- Summer Fund Drive for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Aims to Raise $15,000