Blog and Events
Every other year, Community Action Agencies around the country gather input from the community about the needs and challenges of low-income individuals, families, and communities to share with local, state, and federal policymakers.
We want to hear from you! Please join us at 5:30pm on Thursday, April 27 at the SLO County Public Library Community Room where members of the CAPSLO Board of Directors and staff will be taking testimony from the community.
Teen Monologues is a powerful teen theater outreach project offering a bold message of understanding, encouragement and hope. Written and produced by local San Luis Obispo County youth, the play presents a realistic and honest portrayal of navigating sexuality and the challenges of sexual decision making. We encourage youth and adults alike to enjoy this performance.
There are two show times on the evening of April 27th, 6PM and 8PM. Preceding the event we will be hosting a dessert reception with live music.
Join us from 11:00am to 4:00pm on Sunday, May 7 for a spring tour of some of North County's most unique gardens.
A map will be emailed to all who purchase tickets. Bring your tickets to any of the stops along the tour to receive your entry wristband.
Proceeds from the tour will benefit Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County's Adult Day Center in Paso Robles. The Adult Day Center provides a social model day care in a home-like environment for seniors with Alzheimer's and other forms of memory loss. As the county's only non-profit adult day care provider, the Adult Day Center gives family caregivers peace of mind knowing that their loved one is in a safe and fun environment while they work, run errands, or have some needed respite. The Adult Day Centers services are provided on an affordable sliding scale. Fundraisers and donations allow the program to provide services to those families in greatest financial need.
Click the link to the left to buy tickets!
Sunday, June 4th from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM
At the Magnificent Chapman Estate in Shell Beach
Each year, on the first Sunday in June, the tranquil grounds of the Historic Chapman Estate are transformed into an elegant garden party. Guests are invited to stroll through the lovely gardens, marvel at the panoramic ocean views and lounge poolside, while tasting a wide array of delicious foods and beverages. Guests also enjoy a variety of live music provided by local musicians, as well as an opportunity to bid on exciting silent auction items.
This extraordinary event supports the Community Action Partnership Health & Prevention Division, which provides invaluable medical, educational and advocacy services for families, women, men and youth throughout San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties.
All musicians donate their talents while food and beverage vendors generously donate their skill and tasting samples for this popular annual event. Some of our vendors include: Windows on the Water, Claiborne & Churchill Vineyards, J Lohr Vineyards, Marisol at the Cliffs Resort, Wolff Vineyards, Novo Restaurant & Lounge, Chamisal Winery, Cracked Crab and Wild Horse.
Our silent auction is made up of fabulous get-a-ways, artwork, jewelry, services, wine etc. donated by generous local and statewide businesses.
Tickets can be purchased by clicking the link below or by contacting the Health & Prevention Division at (805) 544-2498.
Parking is at Pismo Beach City Hall (760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach) with a free shuttle to the event.
- Warming Center Information
- A day in the Life of CAPSLO
- Eat pizza to raise money for CAPSLO Youth Programs!
- Homeless Services Holiday Needs 2016
- Warming Center Open
- Helping People, Changing Lives: Empowering Teens at Santa Maria High School
- 40 Prado - An Introduction
- 50 Years of Community Action: a Blast from the Past with SLO Grown
- Prado Warming Center Open April 8 and 9
- Good News! Liberty Tattoo Removal Program receives donation from Church for Life of Santa Maria
- Tax Season is Almost Here—Maximize your tax refund and get help preparing your tax return for FREE!
- The Center for Health & Prevention now offers free education and enrollment assistance
- LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
- Fundraising, Food, and Fun for Adult Day Center and Homeless Services
- No-Cost Breast Health Screening and Mammogram Clinic Saturday, May 17
- Join us for the 6th Fancy Hat Tea Party March 29
- Survey for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Join Our Team!