Blog and Events
You are invited to a Public Hearing regarding the issues facing Low-Income Individuals & Families in San Luis Obispo County.
Date: Thursday, May 14
The Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc is gathering public input for the development of its 2016-17 Community Action Plan. This plan takes a broad look at the needs of and resources available lower income families and individuals throughout San Luis Obispo County.
We want to hear from you about what you think the most urgent issues are! Please join us to share your feedback:
A Spanish speaking translator will be present to provide assistance to monolingual speaking participants.
If you are unable to attend, you may email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail comments to: Community Action Partnership - Planning Division, 1030 Southwood Drive, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
First, on August 20, the Adult Day Center will be the recipient of the Atascadero “Tuesday Evenings at the Lake” BBQ. Enjoy a Tri-tip BBQ with all the fixins!
The event is a great way to spend a warm North County evening, but to-go containers are also provided if you would like to take your meal home. The BBQ is from 5-7pm and tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors (60+), and $6 for children (11 and under). If you purchase pre-sale tickets, the Adult Day Center receives 100% of the proceeds. ADC will receive 50% of the proceeds from tickets purchased the day of the event. Please contact Grace McIntosh, email@example.com, (805) 544-4355 ext 185, for ticket purchases. Last year’s BBQ was so much fun and helped us raise over $2,000 for the Adult Day Center!
On Thursday, August 29, Homeless Services will be the recipient of a California Pizza Kitchen FUNdraiser. Bring in a copy of the attached flyer and 20% of your bill will be donated to Homeless Services. Dine in, take-out, catering, and all beverage orders are included, but you must present a copy of the flyer! Flyers can be printed by clicking the image below, or you can come by to pick some up at 1030 Southwood Drive, SLO. Please share with your friends and family!
Take a break from cooking and join us! We hope to see you there! Click here for larger view of BBQ flyer.
The Afternoon of Epicurean Delights will be held on Sunday, June 7th. We are celebrating our 28th year of this stellar event which directly benefits the Health & Prevention Division of CAPSLO.
The event is held in the tranquil gardens and grounds of the historic Chapman Estate, on the bluffs of the Pacific Ocean. You are invited to stroll through the gardens or sit poolside and listen to great music, while tasting over 50 of SLO county's most renowned and award winning restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries and confectioners.
If you don't live in Shell Beach then you need to ride a shuttle from Shell Beach Elementary School or Pismo Beach City Hall.
Thanks for your support.
The Center for Health and Prevention, San Luis Obispo clinic, and French Hospital Medical Center are pleased to offer a free breast health and mammogram clinic on Saturday, May 17, for local women who qualify.
First, please call The Center to make an appointment for a free clinical breast exam. At this appointment participants receive a referral for a free screening mammogram at the Women’s Health and Imaging Center at French Hospital Medical Center.
For more information or to schedule an appointment for a clinical breast exam, please call The Center at (805) 544-2478.
Click the picture for a Free Mammogram Screening Clinic flyer.
- Join us for the 6th Fancy Hat Tea Party March 29
- Survey for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Join Our Team!
- Community Action Partnership of SLO Co. Volunteer Opportunity
- Save the Date! TheSLODown.org Teen Night at Farmer's Market
- CAPSLO's Health & Prevention Youth Programs Presents the 12th Annual Teen Monologues
- Summer Fund Drive for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Aims to Raise $15,000
- Lost Opportunities: National Head Start Association Features work of Local Photographer and CAPSLO Head Start Families
- Culinary Carnival Benefitting the Prado Day Center will be Thursday, February 27, 2014
- CAPSLO Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Receives Honor from National Head Start Association
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force Presents: 2014 Teen Sexual Health Update
- It's Time for the Annual Trivia Brain Challenge Fundraiser!"
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: Adult Wellness and Prevention Screening
- June is Men’s Health Month
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: The Health Navigator Program
- Cal Poly Greek Weeks Raises $1,600 for Homeless Services
- April is STD Awareness Month
- Public Hearing