Blog and Events
With nearly $2.9 million dollars raised, the capital campaign for the new homeless services center at 40 Prado Road is getting ready for its public launch! The center at 40 Prado will combine emergency shelter services and day services currently being provided at two locations – Maxine Lewis Shelter and Prado Day Center – and will also eliminate the need for overflow sheltering at local churches and synagogue. The center at 40 Prado will streamline current programs at a significant cost savings over time. Case management is the cornerstone of this innovative center, putting individuals and families on a path that will lead to self-sufficiency. First-time clients receive individualized plans, with a focus on permanent supportive housing
The following video, produced for 40Prado.org, offers a glimpse into who we serve and why we need the support of the community to help build the new center! The video closes with a call to text slohomeless to 51555. By participating, you will be provided with updates on the campaign's progress, including future opportunities to participate. Text messaging rates do apply and you may opt out at any time! Thank you for your support!
- The Center for Health & Prevention now offers free education and enrollment assistance
- LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
- 28th Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Thanks You!
- 28th Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Vendor Award Winners
- Fundraising, Food, and Fun for Adult Day Center and Homeless Services
- 28th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights
- No-Cost Breast Health Screening and Mammogram Clinic Saturday, May 17
- Join us for the 6th Fancy Hat Tea Party March 29
- Survey for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Join Our Team!
- Community Action Partnership of SLO Co. Volunteer Opportunity
- Save the Date! TheSLODown.org Teen Night at Farmer's Market
- CAPSLO's Health & Prevention Youth Programs Presents the 12th Annual Teen Monologues
- Summer Fund Drive for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Aims to Raise $15,000
- Lost Opportunities: National Head Start Association Features work of Local Photographer and CAPSLO Head Start Families
- Culinary Carnival Benefitting the Prado Day Center will be Thursday, February 27, 2014
- CAPSLO Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Receives Honor from National Head Start Association
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force Presents: 2014 Teen Sexual Health Update
- It's Time for the Annual Trivia Brain Challenge Fundraiser!"