Blog and Events
The Afternoon of Epicurean Delights will be held on Sunday, June 7th. We are celebrating our 28th year of this stellar event which directly benefits the Health & Prevention Division of CAPSLO.
The event is held in the tranquil gardens and grounds of the historic Chapman Estate, on the bluffs of the Pacific Ocean. You are invited to stroll through the gardens or sit poolside and listen to great music, while tasting over 50 of SLO county's most renowned and award winning restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries and confectioners.
If you don't live in Shell Beach then you need to ride a shuttle from Shell Beach Elementary School or Pismo Beach City Hall.
Thanks for your support.
Are you a survivor of domestic violence? We've created an online survey, in both English and Spanish, for domestic violence survivors to give feedback about their experiences accessing healthcare. You can enter to win one of two $100 Target gift cards if you participate before January 31st. Please share and re-post with friends and colleagues!
This survey is part of a collaborative project between Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Women's Shelter Program of San Luis Obispo County, RISE and Community Health Centers of the Central Coast, to improve service delivery for survivors of domestic violence.
The 28th annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights (AED) will be celebrated on Sunday, June 7th. This spectacular event will be held from 11:30 to 3:30 on the tranquil and picturesque grounds of the historic Chapman House by the Sea, nestled on the bluffs of the Pacific Ocean in Shell Beach. Proceeds benefit the Health & Prevention Division of Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, which provides medical, educational & advocacy services for over 10,000 under-served families, women, men and youth throughout our county.
Guests at the event are invited to stroll through the serene gardens, take in the panoramic ocean views, and sit poolside while tasting food and beverages from SLO County's most renowned and award winning restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries, and confectioners. Guests will also enjoy a variety of live music and can participate in a silent auction with items featuring local art, hand-crafted jewelry, premium and reserve wines, get-away weekends, gift baskets, and much more.
Fifty four of the most renowned food and beverage purveyors will be participating in the event.
Sponsors: Joan Gellert Sargen, Bolton & Company Insurance Brokers
Supporters: Michael Cannon, San Luis Ambulance
Underwriters: Edward Jones/David Gaddis, Jay & Carol Devore, Tolosa Press, Coast 101.3, iii Design, Michael Cannon, San Luis Ambulance, Breakaway Tours and Event Planning, Shell Beach Floral Design
MC: Jeanette Trompeter of KSBY
Photographer: Cheryl Strahl
Musicians: Cadillac Angels, Chasing Audrie Duo, Choro de Oro, Green to White, Gypsy All Stars, Ranchers for Peace
This year there will be two shuttle stops with three shuttles running to bring you to the event!
Shell Beach Elementary School (2100 Shell Beach Rd) and Pismo Beach City Hall on Mattie Rd.
Parking in the neighborhood surrounding event is limited to Shell Beach residents only. If you don't live in Shell Beach you must take the shuttle from either Shell Beach Elementary School or Pismo Beach City Hall.
Shuttles will start at 11:00 am and run until 4:00 pm. Thanks for taking the shuttle, as this will help to not impact the Shell Beach community.
We recommend that your print or obtain a ticket in advance, so that you will not have to wait at will-call. Click the link above to buy tickets. Ticket outlets: Crushed Grape in SLO, SLO, Arroyo Grande & Grover Beach & Pismo Beach Chambers of Commerce.
If you have questions please call the Afternoon of Epicurean Delights office at (805) 544-2498.
Your support is sincerely appreciated.
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County is Hiring
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County currently has numerous job openings throughout the county. Please visit our website and apply online at www.capslo.org/employment. A completed CAPSLO application must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on the recruitment closing date. For questions regarding the application process or open positions, contact (805) 544-4355.
- Fundraising, Food, and Fun for Adult Day Center and Homeless Services
- No-Cost Breast Health Screening and Mammogram Clinic Saturday, May 17
- 27th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Tickets are on Sale Now!
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Community Action Partnership of SLO Co. Volunteer Opportunity
- Save the Date! TheSLODown.org Teen Night at Farmer's Market
- CAPSLO's Health & Prevention Youth Programs Presents the 12th Annual Teen Monologues
- Summer Fund Drive for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Aims to Raise $15,000
- 27th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights
- 27th Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Thanks You!
- Lost Opportunities: National Head Start Association Features work of Local Photographer and CAPSLO Head Start Families
- Culinary Carnival Benefitting the Prado Day Center will be Thursday, February 27, 2014
- CAPSLO Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Receives Honor from National Head Start Association
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force Presents: 2014 Teen Sexual Health Update
- It's Time for the Annual Trivia Brain Challenge Fundraiser!"
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: Adult Wellness and Prevention Screening
- June is Men’s Health Month
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: The Health Navigator Program
- 26th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delight is right around the corner!