Blog and Events
The 28th annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights (AED) will be celebrated on Sunday, June 7th. This spectacular event will be held from 11:30 to 3:30 on the tranquil and picturesque grounds of the historic Chapman House by the Sea, nestled on the bluffs of the Pacific Ocean in Shell Beach. Proceeds benefit the Health & Prevention Division of Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, which provides medical, educational & advocacy services for over 10,000 under-served families, women, men and youth throughout our county.
Guests at the event are invited to stroll through the serene gardens, take in the panoramic ocean views, and sit poolside while tasting food and beverages from SLO County's most renowned and award winning restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries, and confectioners. Guests will also enjoy a variety of live music and can participate in a silent auction with items featuring local art, hand-crafted jewelry, premium and reserve wines, get-away weekends, gift baskets, and much more.
Fifty four of the most renowned food and beverage purveyors will be participating in the event.
All attendees arriving by car must park and take the complimentary shuttle from Shell Beach Elementary school.
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County is Hiring
Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County currently has numerous job openings throughout the county. Please visit our website and apply online at www.capslo.org/employment. A completed CAPSLO application must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on the recruitment closing date. For questions regarding the application process or open positions, contact (805) 544-4355.
"Cardboard Stories" is a film by Rethink Homelessness, a non-profit located in Central Florida that wants to change the way the world sees the homeless. Each of the homeless clients CAPSLO homeless services works with has a unique and often surprising story, too. Recently Heather, a CAPSLO Shelter Worker, reflected on the many clients who are employed yet still need shelter as they get back on their feet:
You can make a difference for SLO County's homeless men, women, and children by making a donation to our summer fund drive for the Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter, volunteering, or donating items off of our needs list:
Donated items to Homeless Services can be delivered to the Prado Day Center (preferably between 2-4pm).
For more information about ways to get involved, please contact Bryn Smith at 805.544.4355 ext 175.
First, on August 20, the Adult Day Center will be the recipient of the Atascadero “Tuesday Evenings at the Lake” BBQ. Enjoy a Tri-tip BBQ with all the fixins!
The event is a great way to spend a warm North County evening, but to-go containers are also provided if you would like to take your meal home. The BBQ is from 5-7pm and tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors (60+), and $6 for children (11 and under). If you purchase pre-sale tickets, the Adult Day Center receives 100% of the proceeds. ADC will receive 50% of the proceeds from tickets purchased the day of the event. Please contact Grace McIntosh, email@example.com, (805) 544-4355 ext 185, for ticket purchases. Last year’s BBQ was so much fun and helped us raise over $2,000 for the Adult Day Center!
On Thursday, August 29, Homeless Services will be the recipient of a California Pizza Kitchen FUNdraiser. Bring in a copy of the attached flyer and 20% of your bill will be donated to Homeless Services. Dine in, take-out, catering, and all beverage orders are included, but you must present a copy of the flyer! Flyers can be printed by clicking the image below, or you can come by to pick some up at 1030 Southwood Drive, SLO. Please share with your friends and family!
Take a break from cooking and join us! We hope to see you there! Click here for larger view of BBQ flyer.
- No-Cost Breast Health Screening and Mammogram Clinic Saturday, May 17
- 27th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Tickets are on Sale Now!
- Help Low-Income San Luis Obispo County Residents Access No-Cost Health and Prevention Services
- Community Action Partnership of SLO Co. Volunteer Opportunity
- Save the Date! TheSLODown.org Teen Night at Farmer's Market
- CAPSLO's Health & Prevention Youth Programs Presents the 12th Annual Teen Monologues
- Summer Fund Drive for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Aims to Raise $15,000
- 27th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delights
- 27th Afternoon of Epicurean Delights Thanks You!
- Lost Opportunities: National Head Start Association Features work of Local Photographer and CAPSLO Head Start Families
- Culinary Carnival Benefitting the Prado Day Center will be Thursday, February 27, 2014
- CAPSLO Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Receives Honor from National Head Start Association
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force Presents: 2014 Teen Sexual Health Update
- It's Time for the Annual Trivia Brain Challenge Fundraiser!"
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: Adult Wellness and Prevention Screening
- June is Men’s Health Month
- Behind the Scenes at Community Action Partnership: The Health Navigator Program
- 26th Annual Afternoon of Epicurean Delight is right around the corner!
- Cal Poly Greek Weeks Raises $1,600 for Homeless Services
- April is STD Awareness Month