Located in San Luis Obispo, the shelter provides 50 beds nightly year-round. An additional 25 to 35 beds are added through the Interfaith Coalition for the homeless "overflow" shelter program operated in one host church each month. More than 25,000 shelter nights are provided each year. The shelter offers meals, showers, mail, phone and message services, information and referrals, and access to case management. The shelter operates exclusively during the evening hours, with clients vacating the premises by 7:30 a.m.
Each night, the line at Community Action Partnership's Homeless Shelter may include adults of all ages and ethnicities, teens, and families with children. Community Action Partnership uses all available resources to give compassionate aid to all who require assistance.
Night Shelter Volunteer Opportunities
- Daytime office volunteer: Filing, data entry, office work. Monday, Wednesday and Friday anywhere between 9:00am - 4:00pm, any amount of hours
- Night time office volunteer: Handing out dinner, shower and bedding supplies to the clients and assisting staff during our peak hours. Daily between 5:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Overnight shelter volunteer: Needs Vary. Days vary; 5:00pm - 8:00am.
- Donation driver: Pick up and drop off for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter and Prado day center sites. Hours vary.
- Meal Providers: Contact for more Information.
750 Orcutt Road
Donations for the Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter are accepted at the Prado Day Center (43 Prado Road, San Luis Obispo) 1:00pm-4:00pm daily. Please contact the Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter Manager for the most updated donation needs.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401