The founding and operation of the Prado Day Center is a testament to the efforts of numerous individuals and organizations, working together to provide a facility and service center for the homeless during the day time hours.
The site, managed by the Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County Inc and located at 43 Prado Road in San Luis Obispo, offers:
- Restrooms and showers
- Laundry service
- Local phone use
- Bus tokens
- Mail and message service
- Employment listings
- Reading and writing area
- Resume computers
- On site health screenings
- Children's playroom and yard
- Community Garden
Breakfast is served daily: 8:30am - 9:30am
At noon, daily hot lunches are provided and served by People's Kitchen, drawing caring volunteers from all over the county.
If interested in volunteering at Prado Day center please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 549-6857 for current volunteer openings.
If interested in donating to the Prado Day Center please contact the Prado Day Center at (805) 786-0617 for the current donation needs. Donations are accepted from 1:00pm - 3:30pm daily.
Thank you for your interest.
- Breakfast serving volunteer: Set up and serve breakfast. Daily; 8:15am - 9:30am.
- Provide a breakfast: Call to schedule to provide a warm breakfast to approximately 100 people: Daily; 8:15am to 9:30am.
- Front Desk Volunteer: 8:30am - 12:00pm, 12:00pm - 3:30pm, or 8:30am - 3:30pm.
- Donation driver: Pick up / drop off for Maxine Lewis Memorial Shelter and Prado day center sites. Hours vary.
Friends of Prado
Friends of Prado Day Center was formed in December 1999 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (Non-Profit Tax ID 77-0540323) to raise funds to help support the operations of the Prado Day Center.43 Prado Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401(805) 786-0617