Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County addresses the causes of poverty, empowering low-income people to achieve self-sufficiency through community-based collaborations and programs.
Creating communities where all people have equal opportunities to achieve self-sufficiency.
Over the past year and a half, the Agency embarked on an employee initiative to define a set of core values to guide our decisions and behaviors, and more clearly define how we interact with one another, our partners, and those we serve. This process was employee-driven and input came from multiple sessions where employees engaged in lengthy discussions and exercises to suggest what should be the core values for CAPSLO. The outcome of this effort was suggestions and ideas from 850 employees!
- Communicate clearly in ways that are understood by those you are speaking with.
- Listen, acknowledge, and respect each other’s words, time and work.
- Strive to be open and honest in all forms of communication.
Honesty and Integrity
- Be open and honest in what you say and do.
- Be responsible for your own actions and professionally accountable to each other to do the right thing in line with our core values.
- Make decisions fairly without favoritism or prejudice.
Respect and Fairness
- Create an environment that promotes respect and fairness for all people (those we serve and those we work with).
- Value each other’s diversity and treat all people with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Have respect for our equipment, materials and financial investments.
- Allow people to learn from mistakes and continually strive to build strong relationships.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Support and trust one another to build strong relationships and team spirit.
- Be inclusive by involving others across functions, seeking ideas and sharing solutions.
- Continually find ways to make the agency stronger through ongoing collaboration and teamwork, both, internally and in the community.
Positive Attitude and Energy
- Strive to inspire others to display a positive attitude and be the positive energy that finds the best in all situations.
- Find opportunities to laugh and have fun.
- Enjoy what you do and celebrate each other’s success.
- Provide quality service to the best of your ability and maintain professionalism in all your interactions.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of conduct and performance.
- Continuously promote the mission of Community Action Partnership by being accountable to the community we serve, the Agency we work for and to the people we work with.